Clients: Dorling Kindersley, Penguin, Harper Collins, Random House, Faber & Faber, National Maritime Museum, Harrisongs, Laurence King Publishing, Thames & Hudson, Oxford University Press, Rough Guides, Art World Magazine, The Redstone Press, Hodder & Stoughton, The National Trust Photo Library, Harry N Abrams, 3D Concepts
- A commitment to best practice from research to reproduction.
- 18 years picture research and editing experience working from a specific brief or devising a list from text.
- An encyclopaedic knowledge of picture sources and how best to access them.
- Image licensing, including photographic & artistic copyright via artists, their estates and recognised collecting bodies. Licensing for commercial use, obtaining model-releases and clearing publicity & property rights where necessary.
- The assessment and setting of accurate research and reproduction budgets to suit a variety of projects and clients.
- The negotiation of competitive fees across small or large-scale picture lists, balancing cost with creativity.
- An up-to-date knowledge of picture editing and management software; Photoshop, Lightroom, Bridge, InDesign, ensuring image integrity and an efficient digital work-flow.